Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Monte Cabrer my love, we're back !

I got a kiss. Yeah honestly, I got a kiss from a pilot ! Seriously. I sometimes get a beer, or a compliment, or a slap on my shoulder, but this time was different.

Martin was so happy about the flying, he came up to me, and gave me a kiss ! I thought only football players did this. But as long as we don't start spitting like those footballers every other step, we're fine.

We flew at Monte Cabrer so, got 4 m per seconds thermals, and Martin got up to 1650 m ASL, which is 650 m above take off. Not bad with such an inversion layer, clearly to be seen.
Good old Monte Cabrer, its' been a while love. But we're back, winter has gone, so we will visit you regularly, don't you worry.
And always calling the local pilots out there, because this site is fragile, and we do have to protect our sites, as always.




Warren coming in, after his flight at Monte Cabrer, dude hasn't flewn for a year, did we really have to take him to Monte Cabrer ?
View of the main landing field, the old landing field is more and more out of use. Trees grow, and glide angles get better.

Foto of Jan Bernaert at the inversion layer, with the town in the distance.
A fantastic day, oh god not again.



No comments: