Thursday, July 16, 2009

My blog didn't come through yesterday. Well Marcus and Alfred did their thing at Cabo. They loved the soaring, while Cecilia and me were chatting along with some locals to fly minutes later. Damn it picked up, so we missed the flying.

Today we left in the afternoon. Conditions in summer are too strong at noon and around central hours. Some local pilots fly these hours but complain about the roughness etc..., no cloudbase etc... . So better wait till conditions are more flyable, more safe. In my opinion it is also more flying. In the rough stuff, it feels more like dealing with it. Especially if cloudbase is actually higher later on in the day.
Alfred didn't like it, he thought thermals in Spain were like 8 to 9 m/s .... . Marcus on the other hand loved it, as always he likes the summer flying. He likes to have the day off, gym, beach, drink, food and then fly his 2/3 hours in the later afternoons. Cecilie, I haven't sussed out yet. I don't know, coming fron Norway always difficult to suss them out. Give me a couple more days.
One thing is for sure, she had a very good instructor, because her skills take off and flying are outstanding.

No comments: