Monday, July 6, 2009


I have been flying an Ozone Addict2 last week. Yes, no more Niviuk...

After some backstabbing emails from the british importer of Niviuk, Niviuk decided it was better to cut me off as their dealer. And on top of that they refused to send me my ordered glider for personal use the Artik2. Never mind.

But if there is a thread again about buying gliders abroad, I will not shut up any more, as there is a huge can of worms to be opened. Sadly enough, I am victim of lies, greediness and unfairness. But we will stand firm and always be on the side of the pilots, let that not be a worry.

So flying an Ozone Addict2 last week. In Ager mainly had a big testflight on it. Ager is best flyable with a southern southwestern wind. Well later in the day we flew with some locals on a strong westerly wind. No problems everything seemed fine, even boaty soarable at times. Untill on our left, east, we saw lots of humidity coming in, in forms of fog. I flew out in the valley not to be caught in this changing wind near the cliffs of Ager.

Once out it quickly became 'rough as fuck'. From a 25 km westwind, to a 30 km eastwind. Thrown around like in a washing machine with a glider hardly knewn was not what I expected.

Locals always warn you about the 'marinada' later in the day. Which can result in a strong restitution or a windsheer to say hello to.

Well we said hello to it. I big eared my testwing, to have it charged, preventing collapses. Under this big ears I was thrown left and right. Backwards and forwards. Coulp impossible reach one of the two landing zones. Was flying backwards at times, looking at the trees down below waving about.

Once low, kept big ears in and weightshifted to a clear field, as far as I could from eventual rotor. Came down, stall the glider, and was glad to be in one piece.

Stevie still in the air with his Sigma6. 'Rough as fuck' is all he could say to the other pilots still at take off, warned to pack up.

After some minutes we were on a walkabout to find our retrieval van.

So the Addict2 passed the test I would say. In very turbulent air, could control it, although it was lots of times at the verge of collapsing, it felt charged with the big ears on.



1 comment:

Stevie G said...

I second that Nick, I am now a fan of Ozone... thanks for the awesome week...I love flying with you...I gutted Niviuk has dropped you...their loss... you keep to true spirit