Thursday, July 23, 2009


Last 48 hours we have been living in a bowl of hot air. A bowl of hot air, it makes me think how fish must feel. You cannot escape out of the bowl. Everything is being pushed down.
Whereever we went, whereever other pilots were, all over same sensation.
Feels like a fish trying to get out, trying to escape out of the bowl. That's how it feels, paraglider besides you, but no way josé, there is no way out.

No temperature difference, everywhere low or high 30 degrees or more.
One of the biggest inversions I have seen and felt in my life. The air is pushing all and everything down. Not the best feeling for somebody who wants to escape, who wants to fly.

We left for Calpe. As the only site to have a break in this inversion, a late afternoon southwesterly, like normal in summer. But not, the inversion was too thick. Almost fog-looking like. There was no way to fly decent today. Too bad for the visiting pilots, we all had to do with huge ice creams to cool down.
It felt like Africa, Morocco. Long time ago I was there in August, in Morocco one of my favourite countries, with a bike and a tent. Todays' weather reminds me of the first time visit in Morocco. Sahara winds, sahara air in Alicante, micro dust everywhere. God I need a beer.

No comments: