Tuesday, May 5, 2009


Relaxed, summer feeling, shorts, put sweaters away till next november, open helmet, no instruments, dead easy, lemon granizado, chicas, sol y playa, thermal breezes rushing through the pine trees - oh that summer breeze ....

30 degrees and a not more possible blue sky, and a not more longer possible window to fly today. A step from paradise, that's how it felt.

Easy flying, throwing wings around, trying out the Artik2, yes the Niviuk newest.
What a glider. Holy shit.
I have the chance to fly lots of gliders, as I do sell all brands. So I got sent lots of demos that I can try out. This morning on my door the newest Niviuk Artik2. I've read about it on forums, so already had a guess of how it was gonna be.
But, but but, I read a lot of bullshit on forums as well, and be honest, everybody knows some guys who are always on the forum. Lots of them can talk a flight... can't they.... untill you meet ....

The only thing that disturbed me about the wing was its name. This glider to my humble opinion has nothing to do with the original Artik. It is totally different. Leading edge, thin risers, and such an absolutely different behaviour. It could even have been a glider from another brand.
Deadeasy launch, fantastic turn behaviour, exit spirals babybum smooth, accelerator behaviour felt bombproof. Tomorrow I take it in some strong stuff, midday spring thermals in southern Spain.
I'll see if it is as good as the already outstanding performance of the Artik original.









No comments: