Wednesday, May 20, 2009





A day to forget. Not at all good to fly. Although we had our feet off the ground several times.
But always 'snotty'. Winds good, winds bad, strong, weak etc... etc...
So maybe time to moan a bit, it doesn't always have to be fantastic and great, and the best !
10 years now living in Spain, a country which I love.
But look at the pictures above. This was just all around me on the 'beach' where I landed. I cannot, I cannot adapt to this behaviour in this country. All the rest, like the plumber promising to come 'maƱana', and not showing up for another 10 days, ok, that's the way it is around here. Teachers throwing away their cigarette butts just before entering their school, spitting on the pavements. Waiters not greeting, your baker for 10 years still not asking how things are, all this can be dealt with.
But !
As soon as the sun shines and the spanish go out picknicking, the beaches are filled with filth,garbage, shit, daipers. It is unbelievable. And not only the beaches, if you see spanish having their picknick in the mountains, you can be sure next day the foodrests, plastic cans, beer cans, paper, plastic bags, all will be left on the hills. Tell me if it ain't true and we go to the picknick areas in Palomaret. It is so sick, I cannot adapt to this way of treating your own country, your own territory, your bit of nature.
Spanish friends, I hope you are not offended, but you know as much as I know that this is the plain truth. Foreigners do have more respect, and are lots more educated in not littering.
I just got back from Decathlon (huge sportsmall) with my son. I saw a 40 year old man checking what he had bought near his car. Just as if it is the most normal thing he was throwing his plastic bag, tags and more paper on the parking lot, next to his car. Everybody could see it, no shame. I told him, hey buddy you lost something. He looked at me as if I was coming from another planet, he picked up one piece of paper and drove off. Maybe this has nothing to do with it, but he bought sportstuff. And then I think by myself, if you do some sport you have a sane mind no ? God, I can be so naive.

No comments: