Friday, April 25, 2008

Everybody happy I guess.
Those who didn't fly yesterday, had soaring in this morning for a couple of hours. Those who had their personal best achieved yesterday, were happy to relax in laminar conditions at the cliffs.

Later in the day, still time to fly the thermals.

No trees, no damage. Fine, but take offs could have been lots lots better.
I know I repeat myself but again and again I see pilots taking off too opportunistic. Just like throwing their 'kite' above them and see what happens. Club pilots .... yes .....
Anyway, groundhandling is the secret of becoming good.

Lately I had some inquiries from (british, french) schools to come down and fly. No, don't do it. This region is not good to teach students. Terrain is rough and conditions are not suitable. To fly in our region you need to have a perfect take off technique, be good at active flying if you want to enjoy your trip. So sorry for the schools, maybe they found it weird that I do not want the bussiness, but I speak in terms of safety. This region should be visited by club pilots, 30 hours and not by students. Spread the word ! And I hope we'll see you all though one day.

No comments: