Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hondon de las Nieves

Martijn dutch pilot,
together with Antolino, Jean Luc, Alex, Ariel, Jose and Antonio


Couldn' wait. After the walk up to Hondon, my heart was beating fast in this hot hot weather. I drunk my bottle empty and started rigging. Local winddummy José wasn't doing so well, and I thought winds are just dying off. So eager to get a good flight in I launched together with Martijn. Thermals ok, but inbetween big sink, the thrilling thought of having to walk back up again on that pathless steep climb made me work as hard as I could to get back up the ridge.


Failed. Winds were dropping, no more lift, soon down, looking up.




Rest of the buddies waited it out and launced more than half hour later. Crosswind, but some stayed up longer than we did. Not the best at Hondon, big effort from all of us, just now when it is hot we decide to hike up that hill .... but poor result. Anyway we flew again, we're spoiled and do not realize it any more.

No comments: