Monday, August 2, 2010

Flying with disabled friends


Every now and then we organise tandem flights for disabled.

Last time, a couple of weeks ago, a guy asked if he could meanwhile take his prosthesis off, get ready, and fly with me next. Of course I said ok, after I finish this flight I'll be with you to fly.

When I landed, I saw his prosthesis laying near take off, and him ready to go. I felt so ignorant and small, so unattentive and speechless.
But that's not the point. That was only me.
I had to tell him that we couldn't strap him in on our harnasses as a passenger, so we asked him to wait next day to go fly with paramotor trike.
Next day again he was first in line to have a go on flying.
The eagerness of this gentleman, the greed to live, the solidarity amongst themselves was again so huge. Waiting to join in to fly, 35 degrees, hardly shade. I loved it.
I have doubted to put this on my blog, but after a couple of weeks still thinking about it, I had to share my thoughts, about my experience again with these lovely people. Whenever I feel like being grumpy, or complaining, I think about it.
Man, there are so many beautiful, great and strong people out there. These guys and girls were strong and eager.
Sometimes we should think, what the fuck are we complaining about.

No comments: