Friday, June 4, 2010

Reconco Onil, where playmobil originated from

For local pilots, just some info. Above you can see that my 'guiris', sometimes described as low airtimers, greens, punters, on local forums, have done pretty well no ?
1900 m ASL at Reconco, 3 hours of flying, yes today as you can read as well 4th of june 2010.

Not one local pilot was present, not one local pilot knew where the best flying was today. Not one read the charts.
I have to defend my guests. Lately, there was asked not to come down with my guests, as take off was a bit daunting. Another message saying no worries your clients don't get above take off any way, hahaha.
Well proves wrong. Yesterday at the take off of Fortuna, I haven't seen better take offs in ages. I know lots of locals wouldn't even think going up there, because their skills lack.
Today my pilots' flying was awesome. They flew in strong thermals, had to deal with suspicious cloud formations, later keeping cool in the turbulent air of "breeze meets meteo", ending the day with easing it off soaring for another half hour before a well deserved 'beer o'clock'.

You want me to give you a hand ? Look at the foto below. You can clearly see the convergence line. The southeastern winds blocking the meteo coming from west. XC along the ridges, or triangle flight like our german pilot with DHV1 wing achieved.
Don't know what is happening lately, but foreign pilots rule the sky. It is them that fly different sites, it is them that have personal bests.
Today I just had to defend you guys. Lets keep on going, lets keep on flying different sites, lets keep on exploring the sky. That's why I am here. I could be lazy and take you to Palomaret and Cabo every day - every day, but Alicante offers sooooo much more. Proven, again.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heeey...one local pilot knew Reconco was the site! ;) Justice please!! hahahaha

Cheers!
Xavi

Nick said...

I am sorry Xavi,
just need to get things moving,
getting pilots getting out of their habits, their lazyness,
sorry again,
Nick

Anonymous said...

I understand you Nick...do not worry. Just joking!!
Un abrazo!!
Xavi