Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bullfights and hogueras




Pilots going home, pilots moving in. So hardly possible to go flying today. Late in the afternoon, out southern hills must have worked, but I wasn't there. Winds were strong at first, and a very aggressive breeze kicked in at 1 pm. I was at the beach that time, and the winds hit the parasols, which were blowing around with their pointy steels heading towards people. Scary sight, people ducking for missiles.

This time of the year, in Alicante we do have our big big fiestas. They are called Hogueras. And with the fiestas, there are always bullfights involved.
I am not gonna go near a bullfight, but I had a glimpse of some costumes they use on the corrida. And I must say, if they forbid the fiestas we are gonna loose something, something very typical for the spanish culture. The horses, the riders, the brass band opening the corrida. And the costumes.



No comments: