Thursday, January 24, 2008

Flying shouldn't be scary. If you are scared all the time you fly, you should stop flying and do something else. There are other 'extreme' sports that would fit you better.

But a scare here and there during a flight, isn't too bad. Now and then a wake up call, a sudden collapse, a hammer thermal passing by, sudden sink, slack lines, all good. As long as they are not predominant.

It is good to have a scare once in a while. Keeps you focused, keeps you alert, keeps you awake.

When I have a good flight, I am awake. I keep my eyes open, study terrain, look at other pilots. I am focused. Check clouds, check groundspeed and so on. And when there is a little scare, a pumping thermal, an unexpected windgust, a collapse, it doesn't matter.

Then I drive home, put on full blast - 'Sweet Jane', live by Lou Reed. Get home, glad to see my family.
How was your day ? FANTASTIC, honey.

In between it should be, not scared all the time, not too laidback, but a scare once in a while, keeps you going in this sport.

Another flying day, 500 m climb above take off for Kike, Rafa, Dudo and others today. I am sure after all these years it is not about routine for them either. Happy.







Me, Paco, mom and dad.

No comments: