Sunday, March 11, 2007

Some pressure on my shoulders today. Two guy leaving after a week stay, some new pilots since yesterday, blue sky, not too much wind, and not knowing where to go.
Luckily there was some confidence in my guiding.
In the morning there was some offshore winds, and clouds racing from the north. But I did trust in an easternly in the afternoon.
I was in contact with Rafa who was inland, checking things out. You can't fly in our region without having contact in other valleys. You would loose so much time driving around, and only later realising it in the evening, that all day you were on the wrong hill.
But today spot on again.
It turned southeast in the afternoon while other pilots were still parawaiting inland.
Although admitting that conditions can be much much better at the cliffs, some of us had more than two hours of flying in.

Tandems, sunday pilots, we were all there.

Inland some of my friends flew at Col de Rates, but only 100 m above take off ...., at Palomaret at 5 pm cloudbase at 1100 m, which means only 300 m above take off.
We plan to leave early tomorrow, because I think we could have a nice cloudbase.
See you all soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nick - And so you ought to have confidence in your guiding - Although a low air timer, I lok at the site from UK every day when I am not in Gran Alacant and every day I am amazed at your skill in at 'predicting' the wind and weather - See you next week !!

Chris Wileman

Anonymous said...

so one CAN have stress in your line of bussines right? ;-)))))