Tuesday, December 22, 2009


This is a sunflower growing in my garden. The result of the warmest november, beginning of december month in last decades. Climate change ? Who knows, but strange though. I also do remember that Norwegian pilots told me, that the tree line on their hills was higher than when they were a kid. Before some cabins could be seen above the tree line, now trees were surrounding the cabins.

As paragliders we spend huge amounts on our hills, we pretend to be all meteo guru's. On the very busy and active paragliding.com forum I would like to ask if paragliders all over the world if they noticed any change in climate during their flying carreers. Soon I'll open this thread for them. It is just so surprisingly that while Copenhagen was so hot, nobody asked this question on the forum.
Tuesday today, rainy in the morning, late afternoon sunshine. I passed Buenos Aires at 4 pm and it must have been flyable. It is not one of our 'main' sites, but above an urbanisation near Elche. A winter site lets say. Good to fly when sun burns through and winds are weak late afternoons.

No comments: