Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Peter Gick, one of our german guests, also flying Skywalk, Cayenne3, on his way back from Maigmo.
Today was a fantastic december day. Thermals were present, sun was shining of course, and flying was more than soaring up and down the comfort zone. The trick was to get over the hill ridge, and then use the lee thermal. I do have lots of respect for lee thermalling. I need height before I feel safe. Had some close calls before, even throwing my reserve once flying too sportive in a lee thermal. So this was not my best day today, but for those who adventured it, it was fabulous. We flew from 12 am till 4.30 pm, and it is december the 8th.







Bernt Staht, ex team pilot of Advance, and since april 2009 team pilot of Skywalk. He let me fly his Skywalk Poison 3, the trimmed one, the race model.
I loved it and felt alive. Sometimes I feel I should go back to the dhv 2/3 models again. But guiding, taking foto's, microphone in hand, sometimes it is too stressy for that.
But, I love the feeling, the liveliness of the machine.
Come on, lets be serious, if you have an Alfa Romeo under your but, you feel more alive than driving a bullet proof VW Golf diesel no ? That's what I mean. It feels more challenging, it gets you a value, it is all just more sexy. Especially if you compare this all, with my Ozone Addict2 I have, I think it is the most dull glider I ever had. Anybody wants it ? 1000 euros it is yours. Why did I buy it ? Beats me. Had no money and had to decide quick.

1 comment:

raveydv said...

Interesting your comments about the Addict. Funny enough that is one of the gliders I had thought about to replace my Artik when the time comes. Think is I have always loved my Artik (which you remember I bought from you), since the very first flight at Cabo. Have you tried the Artik2? Any other gliders about the same calibre you've been impressed with? Not given up on the notion of coming to see you guys down there again one day. Maybe you could email me some of your best options, together with prices? - davanel@yahoo.co.uk
Cheers Nick - Dave