Saturday, April 18, 2009

I am always dreaming when I am "cue-ing at the cashladies" in the supermarket. Today nothing else than thinking about dad and me cue-ing at the supermarket in Bruges, Belgium.

As a 10 year old kid, I could always feel an innocent flirt with his favourite well shaped blond cashier those days. Today I was cue-ing with my 10 year old Paco and was thinking if he would think the same later.

I hope not.

When it was finally my turn, nothing like the huge white smile my dad encountered back in the seventies. Nothing like a warm hello, hi how are you ? Well, had to get some stuff you know, huh.
No nothing like that.
I just had a bubble gum chewing older lady in front of me, who didn't even look at me saying, hello customer. Actually when I looked closer, for a second I thought I had my moment of fame being served by Ron Wood.


Anyway, Paco this was no flirt, this was someone just cashing the groceries we bought.

After all, we couldn't fly today, too unstable, hell broke loose when thunderstorms were hitting the city of Alicante.

No comments: