Thursday, March 26, 2009



As we said yesterday we were gonna fly Fortuna. Sierra del Corque, only the name attracts me actually. But the site is abandoned, nobody ever flies here, which is a pity. Local pilots do prefer more and more, to fly on their known site, where they can park their car, where all conditions day after day are the same. A shame actually, because the "flowers of the day" have been given out too many times already. No adventure in it for me. But I don't care, I just do it my way, and guide my visiting pilots all over, as much as I can.
We flew at midday, together with Pepe and Ismael. Strong thermals up to 4.5 m/s. Cloudbase not the highest, but still Pepe, Ovind and Ismael took off at the lower take off, only 80 m high up and thermalled up to 1100 m. Untill it got too strong, too 'spring'time.
We had a break near highest take off, enjoying the views over the back Sierra de Pyla and Sierra del Carche.
Later on, after a nap in the sun, hey its' gotto be done, we took off again, and thermalled till it was almost dark.
In the end the lift was so smooth, I recommend to fly it without vario, without the annoying beep beep. So much more chill, relax, so much more just fingertips on the commands, so much more really feeling what flying and floating is about after a long day.
Was it good ? It was excellent.
Down below a link to something I really loved. Watch it, pull up the volume and use a full screen.

No comments: