Friday, March 7, 2008



" Esta turbulento " - " Esta guaro " - " Tenia una plegada, mas que la mitad de la vela se ha ido, hostia ! "
This is the info we got from some locals guru's flying this afternoon.
Hmm, should I stay or should I fly. I respected their info, and waited a bit. Especially surrounded by not too experienced pilots this afternoon.
(ok, ok, I translate, it is turbulent, fucking mess, I just had half of my wing gone, holy shit... well something like that anyway)

Got in the air with a brandnew glider, just out of the bag, better have a good in-flight check in these conditions. Everything looked fine. And indeed we were flying in 'sotaviento', lee-side conditions. Rolling, but mainly pitching of the glider, in and out of the thermals. And low near the landing field, sink, climb, sink, climb, and a final approach looking towards the hill as if it was catabatic.
Ok, it should get better with the breeze more on the hill.
So it did, all in the air after 4 pm, untill we had to scratch to get the last lift.
Interesting day.

No comments: