Wednesday, October 31, 2007


Most frustrating days for a guide. Excellent weather forecast for the day. Northern winds dying off by the afternoon, blue skies, end of october so still warm valleys in our region, which is all promising to take the pilots to a special site. To put their flying where their mouth is, epic flying, big fat thermals, XC-stories.
But shit, the winds dies off to quick. No thermal activity. More moaning. Aaaaarrrrghhh.
What can you do. Keep calm, make another effort and find a site driving home.
Did it, drove up to La Solana. Cross wind, hey not MY fault !
Some can have it, some can't have it. Some take it as it is, some have to get rid of their frustration. And as a guide, you wish for one moment you weren't living your dream. A job as a paraglider guide, making visiting pilots happy, taking them into the sky. Damn !

ps : foto's of todays' flying at La Zafra north. Yes I know, blue sky, sunny, gorgeous weather. Still ....

2 comments:

raveydv said...

Well Nick, if I may offer an objective viewpoint; I wish I was there. I'd rather be there and trying to fly but failing, than here and JUST succeeding! From my viewpoint here in 'Blighty', it looks pretty good out there!

Chin up, I'm sure your clients appreciate your efforts really, I know WE all did. Great stuff you're doing mate! ;-}

Nick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.