Saturday, October 27, 2007

Lots of wind predicted. So off to the coastal site, early on time. But no wind. Having done the thing I hate most, parawaiting for over two hours.

Info from inland : no Nick don't come here, it's strong north and clouds are black. Ok, pretty convincing. Waited again.

On the sea we could see white horses (goats for the spanish, schaumkronen for the germans, ducks for the scandinavians), but no wind at our coastal site right near the beaches. The wind was just blowing parallel along the seashore, north so. And it never veered to the northeast as we all wished. Funny, strange, awfull, boring.

Ok enough time for a long chat with the visiting pilots, this time from Germany, France, England, Sweden. Interesting. they asked me what keeps me going, doing this job for more than 8 years already down here in Alicante.
I told them, at one point I sometimes need to disconnect and watch a damn football game. But then days like yesterday do recharge my batteries quickly.
So, like today, I was so greedy to get in the air, even if it was only gonna be soaring, just getting in the air, getting my fix I guess. Still love to fly.

No comments: