Sunday, May 20, 2007





The other day pilot Lucian asked me a particular question, what do you most dislike now living in Spain ? Usually the question is why did you choose Spain, and are you gonna stay here ?

So he asked me to sum up things I disliked. Had to think a bit, but of course everywhere in the world there are things that after a while work on your nerves.

What most works on my nerves is the littering, still littering in the fields, on the hills. While you can easily AND FOR FREE call your local townhall to come down and pick up anything you cannot get rid off in a plastic waste bag.

Something else ? The noise maybe. But then the noise makes it so Spanish. When you have breakfast, a cafe con leche, in a bar restaurant whereever, there are always people 'shouting'. No they're not actually they just talk loud, with the TV on which nobody watches, the waiter is juggling with the cups, making noise, kids are screaming. I actually love it, it's so spanish. Loud people. My neighbours having a fit ? No they are just conversating.

What else ? Politics is a bit weird down here. Very hard to each other, calling each other traitors, liars, no bounderies there in insulting each other.

That was it then I suppose, for the rest I love the life down here, the friendship, the flying, the mountains, the beaches, the sea, the food, the flamenco, Chambao.


Hey no flying today, too windy onshore. So everybody was kiting today.



No comments: