Friday, May 25, 2007



I had a fantastic day on the hill.

Got up this morning and it was cloudy. A mix of good and bad clouds, smog over Alicante. So maybe coastal flying somewhere.

But it was soon clear that winds picked up and thunderstorms were forecasted. We were most probably not gonna get thunderstorms, but the windgusts would be there for us as well.

Strangely enough there was a lot of 'animo' amongst my friends to go fly. I had no idea why all of a sudden they wanted to go to Orito in these conditions. Anyway I loaded my truck with the gliders but as well with gardening tools, huge sledgehammers to clean up a new take off I had in mind at Orito.

Once there, of course' the winds were howling and nasty clouds inland getting nearer.
Rafa arrived with Franchu. Rafa came to me and said it was my fault that we were here. It is your fault. I said, no, I knew it wasn't gonna be flyable, but you guys kinda convinced me to come down here anyway. Still didn't have a clue.

Untill I heard some singing, cumpleanos feliz, which is the international birhtday song. Jesus Christ, this was a surprise party my wife threw for my birthday.

We had cake, wine, lambrusco, tapas, coffee, more cake. Amigos, thanks ! It was fantastic, you all, really warmed my heart.

I wished you were all here, I will toast to all your health tonight, have one on me !

On photo my Kath and Paco. Kiss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MADRE MIA !!!

How the time flies! Seems like 5 minutes since I was privaleged to be able to enjoy your last birthday with good food and good freinds which you deserve. You work so hard to give your clients (buddies) the time of their lives! Glad you had a good time especially laid on by your lovely family and friends. VIVA NICK!!! VIVA DOYOUWANNA!!! VIVA ALICANTE!!! From your friend in Murcia just the next region along from Alicante with much less flying than your well chosen area. Un abrazo a todos! Andy - Mazarron. Happy Birthday or as we say in UK, many happy returns!