Sunday, October 16, 2011

First flight after three months of injury



Today I flew for the first time after my motorbike accident in beginning of july. I broke my collar bone three months ago. After a painfull recovery for three months, I finally have the 'flexibility' and the 'strength' to fly again. Not long, I only flew 15 minutes then I had to go land.

Felt great though.


By this I have to thank all the help I got from the local pilots, the local schools, the local professional tandem pilots for helping me out. Without them my business would have been stuck. But the service of doyouwanna was guaranteed by pilots like Pepe, Café and the parahawk team of Scott Mason who was here till mid august, and many others.


I owe you big time.


So we all flew today at Cabo de Santa Pola. A site which is victim of its success the last couple of years. Sometimes you wished we kept it quiet. Too many visiting pilots jeopardize the site. Sorry to say. Yesterday two bad accidents by visiting pilots, warned and asked by the locals (I wasn't there ...) not to fly. Maybe we as local pilots should stand more firm to protect our site, despite the swearing and the insults we get from it. I say no more.

At some point, us, locals will not have a lot of weapons any more to defend our precious home site.

Lets hope the two pilots will recover soon. Maybe they could help out by telling others not to come down and do things on their own, but fly with the schools, or guided. Before it is too late.

Roquebrune and other sites are closed, let it not happen to our precious Cabo de Santa Pola, please.

No comments: