Sunday, December 26, 2010

Longjohns and thermal underwear

Forecast gave us freezing temperaturers of +4 degrees celsius. So secretly I got my ski-outfits out, and squeezed myself in my old longjohn and thermal shirt. In the car driving to Peña Rubia, near Villena, one of the coldest villages in our region, it already felt quite uncomfortable, all loose ends squeezed too tight.

Once on the hill, no wind, ..., bummer. No wind at this take off, is a bit of .... yes you're right, a bit tricky. So lets wait a bit. Sun is shining soon on this norhtwestern face lads, lets be patient, meanwhile lets do some top to bottom as soon as a little breeze comes up. And a couple of pilots did.

Meanwhile that sun was heating up the air. It felt like walking in a non airconditioned underground parking in summer. Awfull. And I just couldn't secretly get my longjohns off of course, not on that hill anyway.
People watching.
Then I had to take a piss. You know how difficult it is ? Getting to it, through pants, longjohns and then finally your regular underwear ?
As I am shaped as an average man, it took me a while to get it all safely out, passed the underwear, longjohn, and jeans. It felt like taking a stamp out of deep jar. Putting it all back in was easy, just let go off it.
Where were we ?
Oh yes, no wind all afternoon. When I got home I felt like a toast. Longjohns and thermal underwear definetely not needed in Alicante.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gootiverYou've obviously been away from northern europe too long. Have you forgotten that old trick of tying a piece of string to it? Ha!