Sunday, February 1, 2009


Lets drink to the hard working people, lets drink to the salt of the earth !
Always the same guys, always the same guys who are doing this for paragliding. I guess this is everywhere. They need all our respect.
Yesterday morning already they were workin their ass off to smoothen the take off of Palomaret. Today with shovels and tools they were flattening and hardening the new put earth, gravel. A bit thank you guys. On foto top you see, Toni our president of the club and his best friend Jose Luis.
Below Antolino, with a sneeze and Miguel.
Group : Miguel, Pepe, Antolino, Toni, Raul, Toni, Jose Luis, Eduardo and Antonio. Guys, pilots who don't fly every day, because they have to work. But passionate pilots who are always there with a helping hand.
This week, I will renew the bulletin board and cement more, to install proper windsocks, take off and landings. That'll be my share.
I hope you all appreciate this. We work hard to maintain our sites hassle free, and I tell you it is a though job to clean' em up and make'em accesable for all pilots. It is not easy. With the drought, the erosion, it is difficult to keep them usersfriendly. Lets not talk about the rewardless efforts that Toni (our president of the club) makes, to achieve permits to keep the sites open.
I especially address (mainly german, austrian) pilots, who should think twice coming down to Spain and using the playgrounds, just as if its theirs.
They should be aware that this involves a huge cost, by clubs, local pilots etc. A huge cost and effort in labour and money.
I address especially them, because as no-one else they should show respect. Because if we go to their sites, we often have to prove we can read and write, before we may even think about using their sites.
You know me, straightforward, expressing myself whenever I feel the need to. I hope I made some people think.
Welcome Lars and friends by the way, thanks for the present you brought from the Skarmflyg club in Stockholm Sweden, appreciated. It'll keep me warm this week.
Their webpage :_ http://www.fenixflyg.se/


No comments: