Thursday, December 13, 2007

One nice part of my job, as a paragliding guide, is that you meet lots of people of all kind, of all nationalities. Which is terrific.

After all, I must admit that after almost 9 years down here, I cannot call anybody my real friend. Yes, lots of acquaintances, and some you know better than others. But culture defines these relations different down here. There is no social habit, of for instance having a beer together, a chat, a home visit. Watching a video with friends. Strange, different culture I guess. Different humor also. Lots of people on their own, more family-bounded maybe.
Maybe it has to do with the job I do, meeting people, meeting paragliders. Dealing with the kind of people, persons, individuals that are into a very 'achieving'-sport like paragliding as a whole. And when the day is finished, each one goes his own way. I don't know.

But on every cloud there is a silvery line. A what a silvery line this one has !
During the years I have met very interesting persons from all over Europe and beyond. Plumbers, surgeons, cooks, artists, hippies, etc... . All with their own story, adventures.
Fantastic. Great. Some of them had amazing stories, no matter how experienced, good they were, because that's not my point. And I am so happy to have met so many people already, which I wouldn't have had in any other job. It keeps me going, and not a bit.... for years.

Tomorrow looks windy in the morning, afternoon flying so. See you soon.

No comments: