Sunday, September 30, 2007



These some shots from my brandnew tandem glider, the Niviuk TAKOO in the air.
Who am I ? You want to know how I feel flying this one ? Well here we go. I fly tandems professionaly for over 5 years, approximately 150 flights a year.
I flew a Apco Futura tandem, a Windtech tandem, a 'don't remember' oh yes a Paratech for gods' sake, and till yesterday UP Sherpa. Well I was best pleased with the UP Sherpa. And I only quit flying it, because too many patches, tears and broken lines.
So I was looking for a good, new generation tandem glider. So you can consult many forums, talk to other tandem pilots (preferable professional ones who fly very regularly), and had to choose between the Gradient Bi-golden or the Niviuk Takoo.
I saw the Gradient, seen it flewn by good pilots etc..., read good reviews etc... bBUT, I don not want to wait goddam 4 months before delivery.
I ordered a Gradient Bi-golden last june and still don't have it in the house for one of my clients. This is a no no ! Gradient can't be taken serious if they need four months to deliver a glider. Sorry, that's me being straightforward, as always.
So I choose for the Takoo Niviuk. Here and there good reviews but not overwhelming. But as with the HOOK and the ARTIK, the best publicity is just trying one. So I went for the TAKOO because I am extremely happy with the quality of the gliders, the flying of course of my other Niviuk gliders and the professionalism of the Niviuk Team.
Ok, it flies fantastic, but which glider doesn't fly fanstastic eh ?
I easily outflew my fellow tandem pilots under a GIN Beetle tandem, another Pro-design tandem, and my friend Bartual under his APCO tandem. And not only once, but 50 minutes I was chasing them to see who was the fastest and who climbed the best. Gave me a kick, even not knowing the glider well yet.
Now the critics, I will not use included Niviuk T-bars any more. With the Niviuk T-bars the handles are just a bit too high for me. I prefer having it all closer down to me, so from tomorrow onwards I will fly it with NOVA T-bar. That should really let me race my new baby.
Other things, easy use of trimmers, ears a bit hard to pull, but once pulled dead-easy flying.
Happy with my new buy, so why don't you go sit on my lap next time.

No comments: