Thursday, May 31, 2012

 We have bben flying our tits off and you know that.  We haven't stopped this week, every day we had superb flights, good fun. 
French pilots, british and belgian pilots.    All eager to leave early, beat the heat, and get in the air.   I was so knackered by the end of the day that I only blogged on FB, so get FB doyouwanna and you get a more detailled blog from now on.

I just read the new Cross Country magazine, man Bruce Goldsmith is my man.  What he says about the speed of a glider, I can only agree.  I always said that comps are fantastic but are in struggle with the real mean of a paraglider flight.
There is no need to fly that fast, if you want pleeeeaaaaaaase go ahead, but it is for lots of pilots absolutely not necessary.
We can live with a slow flying glider, lots lower stall speed, enjoying high flights still, but also fly low over the hills, smelling herbs, touching treetops, kissing slopes etc... .

Talk to you soon, a new DVD Jocky please, speed to fly is outdated now, and you're the boss !  Excellent words from Jocky as well in the latest XC magazine.


No comments: