Friday, August 26, 2011

Argentinian pilots and their maté




Ché having some herbal maté. Still very common under our Argentinian pilot friends down here.


When trying you have to suck hard on the silvery straw to drink the somewhat bitter whiskey of the Argentinians.


The loud sucking noise is not considered to be rude. When holding the maté too long for yourself, they give you a hint : hey buddy, this is not a microphone ..

A habit I would never have consedered to have known not living in a spanish country with still lots of south-american culture mix.




So next time you're around flying with us in Alicante, we'll have a try on maté.




Yesterday Giles' last day, on his Delta. Maybe I should have chosen this glider instead of my Skywalk, don't know, each time I see it flying it looks like I want to have one of them.



No comments: