Friday, October 15, 2010

Its only varnish


You can fool yourself that you are not tolerant enough,
you might even think you're getting old, and be grumpy,

I am talking about when you see people litter everywhere,
when you see people spitting on the ground in the street,
if you see people coughing mouth wide open in the line at the supermarket,
wiping the slime off their face,

Again, normal behaviour or not, maybe you feel too critical, maybe its' not your business,

But ! When you arrive at your favourite take off, your home site, and you see that the neighbours have put their dogs' shit on your little seats, you do not want to fool yourself anymore,
that moment you are outrageous and you confirm the thought, that in this region, maybe in this whole country, there is just a bit of varnish on the surface,
below that thin layer of varnish there is the uneducated, not civilized world.

it is not normal, that people pick up the shit of their dogs and put it on the seats, seats used by us paragliders to have a rest, to have a sit in the shade.

I do live here, I love it, but at times, I really believe in that varnish, and it grieves me deeply.

The good news is, we flew for hours, and nobody could touch us, no complaints in the sky.
Tonight I am going to El Lebrijano, flamenco fusion with arabic music. And I'll shout olé, and I'll have a great time, with my friends, fuck it !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe - just maybe - you could drop back that dog shit onto these neighbors from above ?

;^)