Tuesday, August 5, 2008




Enjoyable, but not epic. Temperatures were high in their thirties, inversion very obvious today. So we left for a high hill to get some soaring in this afternoon. And this was Carasqueta.
Daniel, Henrik, Chris, Alex, Rafa and Sofie, Kath and me.

I flew as well, although a roasted chicken could have done better. Took off when things started to calm down. Was surprised by the sudden gust, got a collapse, rocketed up, flew backwards a couple of meters, luckily landed on my feet but had to stall the glider asap not to be dragged on the spiky bushes. Damn.
Each time I found a thermal I banked it in too roughly, or flew next to it. Crap. When landing, my reserve handle got stuck and threw out my reserve. Damn, I hope I won't fall over tonight, jesus.

1 comment:

Inspector Clouseau said...

Beautiful shots. I came across your blog while blog surfing using the “next blog” button on the Nav Bar of blogger.com. I am continually fascinated by the types of blogs that exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people all over the globe express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

Spent many a day in Rio de Janeiro. There's a beach and a mountain near the Sheraton Rio from where they jump with hang gliders. Always wanted to do it, although perhaps not in Rio concerning the medical care system.

My blog is dedicated simply to making people think differently about societal issues. As I often tell people, instead of encouraging people to believe that there are 2 or 3 ways to look at something, I want them to realize that there are at least 27. Hopefully such an approach will result in more creative, innovative solutions to societal ills. Have a visit should you like, and subscribe for updates should you like the substance:
http://www.theviewfromoutsidemytinywindow.blogspot.com