Wednesday, June 18, 2008



I had to search in my archives to get some foto's for you guys and girls.
Each time I wanted to reach for my camera in my jacket pocket, I met some strong thermal or some turbulence today. Not so easy, to take easy shots.

We flew early this morning, inland to taste some spring/summer thermals. But soon it was clearm, this was not the right time to play around. Gusty wind, crosswind.
Later on, when locals arrived it got more laminar. Still punchy with over 4 m/s thermals coming out of the blue. So hands on the breaks and flying active. The convergence of the breeze and the thermals, or the collision better said was not the nicest way to get to know the Alicante air either. All of a sudden, air got rough at times and the air got lots cooler.
I reckon when your risers begin to vibrate it means something is going no ?

It all died off though, so we could enjoy a later, or better early evening flight with smooth air, cloud formation here and there.
Ask me ? Fantastic day, it had it all, adrenaline, skills, all the way to smooth flying.

No comments: